$250 until March 31st ($275 after)
(Not a BB member? Please also complete the Google Member form)
$35 until March 31st, $40 after.
$50 (Must be pre-approved by the BB Ragbrai Coordinator.)
Transportation/Support Pkg Fee & Single Membership dues $270 until March 1. ($295 after)
Please complete BOTH the T/S Pkg Application and Google membership forms to complete your registration.
PAY BOTH FEES:
Please right-click the button to open the document
in a separate tab or window.
The Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI) – is a yearly seven-day bicycle ride across the state. RAGBRAI is the oldest, largest, and longest bicycle touring event in the world, and unlike anything, you have ever experienced.
RAGBRAI July 24-30, 2022
Join us for an unforgettable journey across Iowa. You will be exposed to Iowa's beautiful countryside and small-town hospitality by touring the state with 10,000 of your closest friends and at an unequivocally enjoyable pace.
Riding RAGBRAI with Bike Burlington
Come be a part of the longest, largest, & oldest bicycle touring event in the world & do so with one of Iowa's oldest and most experienced bicycle clubs!
Bike Burlington is the perfect pairing of accommodating travel, support & camaraderie, helping riders make life-long memories & friendships on an incredible 7-day journey.
Whether a first-time rider or experienced veteran, Bike Burlington's camping & travel accommodations see to it that riders and their gear get safely across the state. With so many people participating in RAGBRAI, it's nice to have the personalized support of the bike club making for an even more enjoyable ride.
- Rider transportation is provided in an air-conditioned charter bus that will leave from Bickel's Cycling and Fitness in West Burlington, Iowa and travel to the starting town. The bus will also bring you back to West Burlington after the ride is finished.
- Parking for the week is FREE!
- Bike Burlington will transport your luggage for the entire week, find & set up the campsite daily. (Every person is responsible for setting up their own tent.) The route to the campsite will be clearly marked. Bike Burlington has a canopy and chairs at their site.
- A generator will be provided at the campsite to recharge cell phones & other electronic devices.
- Cold beverages (pop, water, Gatorade, & alcoholic drinks) will be provided at the campsite.
Please note- A Bike Burlington wrist band will be needed to use the coolers. (The wrist band is included with the BB support.)
- We will have a meet and greet meal the first night. This gives everyone a chance to meet each other and the club's hired support team, including the camp director and assistants.
Registration is Closed!
All riders need to be registered and paid by March 31, 2022 (if after the deadline contact Tyler at [email protected])
Below is a step-by-step guide to registering for RAGBRAI with Bike Burlington:
- To travel with our club you need to be a member. Yearly membership is $20.00 for single or $30.00 for family. You can download the application by clicking on the 'Membership Application' button on the left side of your screen. Or you have the choice of an electronic membership application. Pay the dues by check or by PayPal.
- Registration is different this year. They are using a 3rd party system(EnMotive). The link for registration and instructions for the new sign-up system is http://ragbrai.com/registration/.
Some things to keep in mind when registering.
- Search for Bike Burlington we are group 11 (If you are not in our group The BB RAGBRAI coordinator will not get your information.)
- There will be Day Passes for 2022. If you had a day pass last year and carried it over, you will be grandfathered in.
- Because we are a larger group you will have to have everything with RAGBRAI signed and paid by 2/20/22
- We usually have RAGBRAI jerseys with Bike Burlington on the side. A large portion of the group has already received their jerseys, therefore we may not have the quantity required to have this done.
- The final step in the process is to fill out the Transportation Support Application. (Link on left) Send the form in with your payment. We have the option to pay by Paypal, but the form will still need to be signed and mailed in.
The transportation and support fees are;
Week long rider $250.00 before March 31st and $275.00 after
Daily Rate is $35.00 a day before March 31st and $40.00 after (not including Bus)
- If riding daily with us and you need a bus ride one direction, Contact Tyler
P.O. Box 1135
Burlington, IA 52601
It is critical that you get your RAGBRAI payment to RAGBRAI before the 20th of February--all RAGBRAI waiver/fees for clubs have to be in the Des Moines Register's hands before March 1st.
All jerseys ordered at this time will have the inserts imprinted with BIKE BURLINGTON instead of the DES MOINES REGISTER and are $55.00 instead of $65.00. (Note: Inserts can not be printed on Sleeveless or Racerback jerseys)
The Transportation and Support fees when paid guarantee you a seat on the bus. If not paid before March 31st you may lose your seat on the bus!
Refunds: If you can't make the ride we will try to help you sell your wrist band, but can make no
Camping Refunds: As with the wrist bands, we will try to help you sell your spot, but can make no guarantees.
If you have questions please contact Tyler Bickel at [email protected] or call 319-572-2120.
Other Important Details
It is critical that you get your payment to us before the 20th of February —all RAGBRAI waivers/fees for clubs have to be in the Des Moines Register's hands by March 1st. If you miss this date your order will be canceled and you can reapply directly with the Des Moines Register RAGBRAI general lottery.
All jerseys ordered at this time will have the inserts on the sides imprinted with BIKE BURLINGTON instead of the DES MOINES REGISTER and are $55 instead of the $65.
Refunds: Bike Burlington will not issue any refunds on wrist band purchases after Feb 20th. If you can't make the ride we will try to help you sell your wrist band, but can make no guarantees.
This years camping and transportation fee will be $250.00 if paid before March 31, $275.00 after March 31. (This includes drinks out of the BB coolers)
Camping Refunds: The deadline for camping/transportation refunds is May 31st. As with the wrist bands, we will try to help you sell your spot.
RAGBRAI Current plans for COVID(Subject to change, and/or be added to)
- They are allowing passes this year. (This changed, effective 2/02/21)
- They will have more hand washing stations and kybo's (porta potties) available
- Reducing the number of riders
- Clamping down on bandit riders (unregistered riders)
If you have any questions please contact Tyler Bickel at
[email protected] or call 319-754-4410.